Did you check the video above? Good.
“Little Wing” is not on the album, but how could I not add that clip to this post, right?
I honestly forgot about the new Hendrix album, until a curly Angel emailed me to ask me if I’d like to have it.
I’m not that knowledgeable about Hendrix. Hell, I still have to look up how his name is spelled. What I do know is that he looks like he could be Wiz Khalifa’s father, that he did some crazy ish, but most importantly his sound. You hear a Hendrix song, and you immediately go “That’s Jimmy! Or is it Jimmi? No? Ah, Jimi.”
“People, Hell and Angels” is a great album. It is pure musical enjoyment from beginning to end. Nothing crazy, but good rock music, and all Jimi.
The booklet that comes with the cd contains, next to some pictures, a little background about each track. I may have been listening to the album on Rdio, because I couldn’t import it on my laptop (It was on the fritz.), but I’m glad I got a physical copy as well, thanks to the good People at Sony Music Belgium.
I recommend you get the album and listen (and read!) for yourself.
Remember this guy?
He’s got a new album out. It’s great. Cop that shit! … Or listen to it on your favourite streaming service. Mine for the moment is Rdio. Great app, web - desktop - mobile. No competition. Anyhooo…
Cardboard Castles is the name Watsky’s latest and it’s a beauty. It’s real, funny, emotional and very skillful both lyrically and musically. The skits with the little girl are pretty funny too. And he even got Kate Nash to do vocals on one of the tracks:
See the sun is shining
But you are not smiling
And I don’t know why…
- Chris: If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
- Liz: Easy, omnipotence. Except for grammar. People hate it when you know how to do that.
- Chris: Eh?
- Liz: No wait! I would excel at grammar, but I would have the skill to not annoyingly correct people’s grammar.
- Chris: Not exactly sexy.
- Liz: Oh, I would be able to make you think it is.
- Chris: Touché…
- Chris: This show called “Suits” is pretty awesome. You should check it out.
- Liz: I have. That Rachel girl is quite the looker, isn’t she?
- Chris: That’s the overall consensus, yes. Although I think Donna is hotter. Despite the red hair.
- Liz: What the what? You’re a redhead.
- Chris: Yeah, but I don’t see myself dating a ginger.
- Liz: Why not?!
- Chris: Doesn’t that look weird? Two gingers together.
- Liz: Dude. In all fairness, you’re not that ginger-looking sometimes.
- Chris: I’ve been told that before. I don’t get that however.
- Liz: Still, if you don’t feel like dating someone with ginger hair, why Donna?
- Chris: It’s not just Donna in particular, but she’s so freaking funny. Funny gets me everytime.
- Liz: You’re weird.
The Conversation: Lena Or Hannah
- Chris: Do you think Lena Dunham is hot?
- Liz: You do know I’m not actually a lesbian, right?
- Chris: Um, yeah.
- Liz: Ok then. Not in that dress she wore at the Golden Globes. That was just “WTF?!” and “ROFLOL!”
- Chris: But in “Girls”, do you think she’s hot in that?
- Liz: Are we talking nude scenes?
- Chris: Not necessarily.
- Liz: But she’s the only one doing nude scenes.
- Chris: I know. It’s like she’s the only one who cares enough to portray a plausible picture.
- Liz: Right...
- Chris: What? Do you fuck with your shirt on and have the sheets cover every inch of skin while you’re sitting on top of a guy?
- Liz: I am so not going there.
- Chris: Tsss.
- Liz: Would you date her?
- Chris: Who? Lena or Hannah?
- Liz: Lena.
- Chris: Sure. She’s funny, weird, creative...
- Liz: Do you think she’s sexy?
- Chris: Sort of. I don’t know. She’s cute and you just want to cuddle her.
- Liz: Ha! I actually know someone who looks a bit like her. If you want I could set you up.
- Chris: No. Hell no. No blind dates with any of your friends.
- Liz: She’s not a friend. And look, here she is on Twitter. *shows iPhone*
- Chris: Ok, she tweets way too much about cats. No.
The Conversation: Why didn't you?
- Liz: So she told you she would have gone out with you if you had asked her?
- Chris: Yeah.
- Liz: Why didn’t you ask her out?
- Chris: I figured she’s out of my league. You’ve seen her.
- Liz: Yeah.
- Chris: Yeah...
- Liz: Still. Wouldn’t have hurt to ask.
- Chris: You could say the same thing about her.
- Liz: You could.
- Chris: But...
- Liz: But women want to be swept off their feet in every possible romantic way. Being asked out is still part of that.
- Chris: Ever considered that guys like to be asked out too? Bitches be trippin’ on double standards yo.
- Liz: Hey, I’m one of those “bitches.”
- Chris: *raises eyebrow*
- Liz: You know what I mean.
- Chris: Yeah but you my dawg. *wink wink nudge nudge*
- Liz: Ha! Funny... -_-
The Conversation: Dicks Everywhere
- Liz: What do you mean “you’ve never had any Starbucks coffee”? They are literally everywhere.
- Chris: I’ve never given a blowjob, and dicks are pretty much ubiquitous.
- Liz: Euhm...
So I had a dream last night. It was a very vicarious dream.
Everything happened from my point of view. She was sitting there, talking. I was listening. She was taking her clothes off. I didn’t seem to move. Until she got into the shower and I joined her.
That’s when the dream ended. So it was really a near sex dream. Sorry if you feel misled…
I have no idea what she was saying. I remember thinking: “Is this happening? What the hell?! Euhm… She’s taking her clothes off.” I have never met her. I only know her from Twitter. And I’m not going to lie: She’s beautiful.
When the dream ended, a big “Noooooooo!” went through my mind. And you can try as much as you want. You’re not getting back into that dream.
I already went as far as admitting this on Twitter, and now here. I wouldn’t mind someone telling me they dreamt about me, but I can imagine there are those who just rather not know.
Woud you want to know? (If the person from my dream asks, I’ll admit it to her.)
Going through the motions, day in and day out, I feel I have reached the point where I need a swift kick in the nads to feel I’m still alive.
Note: When you read this, and we meet: DON’T KICK ME IN THE NADS! You have no idea how much that hurts. Unless you’ve given birth or something. Not that I know, it just looks painful. L-O-L *exclamation mark* *smiley face*
Tomorrow’s “working on Saturdays” has been canceled. I’m very happy about that. I’m not so happy that I’m feeling under the weather. So heading to bed early this lovely Friday evening. Let’s hope I’ll be able to enjoy this weekend a bit.
Oh look 10.45 pm already… Maybe I should read some Daily Show slash fiction in bed. Get my mind off of things.