I went back to Melbourne. Yes. Back. Two years ago, I went there with a friend and loved it. Last November I needed to get away, and chose Melbourne as my destination. I wanted to rediscover the city and get to know parts I didn’t go to last time.
I went. All by myself. Had a great time. Nice people. Wonderful food. Good weather. Seen a lot. Walked a shit load. (Peaked at 40.000+ steps on a motherfucking Monday.)
I took pictures with my iPhone. You’ll notice that I’m not a photographer. I just discovered some blurry pictures as I was trying to organise them a bit. Good job, Chris!
Here are all the pictures I took. I organised some of them, so for your pleasure:
- Street Art
- Melbourne Museum (dinosaurs, WW1, etc.)
- State Library Victoria (books, statues, WW1, Shakespeare, Alice in Wonderland)
- Pictures taken from Eureka Skydeck, the tallest building in the southern hemisphere
- Phillip Island (kangaroos, koalas, penguins, etc.)
- The Great Ocean Road (ocean, koalas, colourful birds, Twelve Apostles, rainforest)
- Night Noodle Market
- 1000 Steps and area
- Old Melbourne Gaol
Go there. Don’t bitch about the distance. Just go.